Sunday, January 5, 2014

Classics Club 5-year challenge

I've also decided to sign up for the Classics Club 5-year challenge, at the 75-book level.  The goal is to read them by January 3, 2019.  I'm still working on the full list, but here's the list I plan to read in 2014:


Balzac, Honore Lost Illusions
Bronte, Charlotte Jane Eyre
Bunyan, John Pilgrim's Progress
Defoe, Daniel Moll Flanders
Dostoevsky, Fyodor Demons
Flaubert, Gustave Madame Bovary
Hardy, Thomas Tess of the D'urbervilles
James, Henry Sacred Fount
Mahfouz, Naguib Palace Walk
Mahfouz, Naguib Sugar Street
Mahfouz, Naguib Palace of Desire
Mann, Thomas Magic Mountain
Nabokov, Vladimir Pale Fire
Tolkien, J. R. R. The Two Towers
Tolkien, J. R. R. Return of the King

2 comments:

  1. I reread Tess as my CC spin book last year - I had quite an emotional response to it in the end.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks--I started it last year, put it aside for some reason, and didn't go back to it. I'm looking forward to getting back ti it and finishing it.

    ReplyDelete