Saturday, January 2, 2016

Bout of Books Read-a-thon plan

I've decided that, for this read-a-thon, I'm going to work on finishing three books that I started in the summer and fall last year, and two books that I just started after Christmas:

Three to finish:
James Gaines, Evening in the Palace of Reason
Richard Russo, Straight Man
Joseph Frank, Dostoevsky:  Years of Ordeal 1850-1859

Two Christmas gifts:
James Shapiro, A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare:  1599
Thomas Bernhard, Correction
 
I've got about 450 pages combined for the three I want to finish, and could probably finish Correction as well.  If I can get half way through Shapiro's book by the end of the week, I'll be pleased with the start to 2016.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited about Bout of Books 18. Best of luck to us both on meeting our reading goals. Let me know if I can help you with anything along the way.
    Happy page turning and happy New Year!
    Oh, and if you come across a 2017 debut author, please let me know! - J
    http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com

    ReplyDelete