Sunday, January 4, 2015

Some general Read-A-Thon goals

The start of the Bout of Books 12 Read-a-thon is about 90 minutes away, so I thought I would put down some general goals for the week.

  1. I'd like to read, on average, about 100 pages per day,or 700 pages for the week;
  2. I'd like to finish at least one book during that time, though getting deep into a couple of books would be a good outcome as well.
I've got a list of some books that I plan to read throughout the week, though I'm certain that on Wednesday morning, for example, I'll pull something off the shelf at random and read it for the rest of the day:
  • The second volume of Joseph Frank's biography of Dostoyevsy;
  • Palace Walk, the first novel in Naguib Mahfouz's Cairo Trilogy;
  • John A. Williams' Appalachia:  A History;
  • Peter Carey's novel Parrot and Olivier in America;
  • Niccolo Rising, the first novel in Dorothy Dunnett's House of Niccolo series.
I'll post updates as the week progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment