Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-Thon--opening post

I'm participating today in "Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-Thon," so here are my responses to the opening prompts:

I'm currently in central Illinois, enjoying an absolutely gorgeous spring morning.  I'll likely spend some of the day reading out in the hammock out back.

I'm looking forward to finally finishing Sheldon Novick's Henry James:  The Mature Master, which I will complete early in the 24-hour period (hopefully this afternoon).  I also look forward to finishing RL Stevenson's Kidnapped.

I've participated in read-a-thons in the past, and what I've realized is that having one big book to push through is the wrong approach.  This time, I plan to work on finishing a couple of books, and maybe start something light, fun and relatively short towards the end.

1 comment:

  1. How was the hammock for reading? I'm afraid I might take a little nap as it rocked back and forth... You're a brave reader!

    ReplyDelete